Re: pg_upgrade --logfile option documentation

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: pg_upgrade --logfile option documentation
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Mar 08, 2012 at 10:19:05AM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> > On Thu, Mar 08, 2012 at 08:34:53AM -0500, A.M. wrote:
> >> It looks like the patch will overwrite the logs in the current working
> >> directory, for example, if pg_upgrade is run twice in the same place. Is
> >> that intentional? I had imagined that the logs would have been dumped in
>
> > Yes.  I was afraid that continually appending to a log file on every run
> > would be too confusing.  I could do only appends, or number the log
> > files, that those seemed confusing.
>
> Use one (set of) files, and always append, but at the beginning of each
> run print "\npg_upgrade starting at [timestamp]\n\n".  Should make it
> reasonably clear, while not losing information.

OK, it seems people do care about keeping log files from multiple runs
so I went with Tom's idea and have:

      pg_upgrade run on Thu Mar  8 19:30:12 2012

    Performing Consistency Checks
    -----------------------------

Updated patch attached.

FYI, in retain mode, these are the files left in the current directory:

    delete_old_cluster.sh
    pg_upgrade_dump_all.sql
    pg_upgrade_dump_db.sql
    pg_upgrade_dump_globals.sql
    pg_upgrade_internal.log
    pg_upgrade_restore.log
    pg_upgrade_server.log
    pg_upgrade_utility.log

I will address the idea of using /tmp in another email.

Вложения