Re: Command Triggers

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Command Triggers
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tuesday, February 28, 2012 12:30:36 AM Tom Lane wrote:
> > Sorry for letting this slide.
> >
> > Is it worth adding this bit to OpenIntoRel? Not sure if there is danger
> > in allowing anyone to create shared tables
> >
> >     /* In all cases disallow placing user relations in pg_global */
> >     if (tablespaceId == GLOBALTABLESPACE_OID)
> >
> >         ereport(ERROR,
> >
> >                 (errcode(ERRCODE_INVALID_PARAMETER_VALUE),
> >
> >                  errmsg("only shared relations can be placed in pg_global
> >
> > tablespace")));
>
> Ugh ... if that's currently allowed, we definitely need to fix it.
> But I'm not sure OpenIntoRel is the right place.  I'd have expected
> the test to be at some lower level, like heap_create_with_catalog
> or so.
Its definitely allowed right now:

test-upgrade=# CREATE TABLE foo TABLESPACE pg_global AS SELECT 1;
SELECT 1
Time: 354.097 ms

The analogous check for the missing one in OpenIntoRel for plain relations is
in defineRelation. heap_create_with_catalog only contains the inverse check:
/* * Shared relations must be in pg_global (last-ditch check) */if (shared_relation && reltablespace !=
GLOBALTABLESPACE_OID)   elog(ERROR, "shared relations must be placed in pg_global

tablespace");

Moving it there sounds like a good idea without any problem I can see right
now. Want me to prepare a patch or is it just the same for you if you do it
yourself?

Andres