Re: Runtime SHAREDIR for testing CREATE EXTENSION

От Sandro Santilli
Тема Re: Runtime SHAREDIR for testing CREATE EXTENSION
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 06:53:05PM -0800, Daniel Farina wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 1:34 PM, Dimitri Fontaine
> <dimitri@2ndquadrant.fr> wrote:
> > Sandro Santilli <strk@keybit.net> writes:
> > Please see the "inline extension" thread where answers to your problem
> > have been discussed.
>
> I'm pretty sure Sandro is hacking PostGIS, so inline extensions are of
> no help here.
>
> Can you tell us why alternative approaches that don't require adding a
> knob (such as copying/symlinking of compiled artifacts) is such a huge
> pain for you?

It's not specifically a pain for me, but it breaks the
"tests can be run in a staged environment" idiom.

See Christoph Berg mail, that's exactly the same issue.

--strk;
 ,------o-.  |   __/  |    Delivering high quality PostGIS 2.0 ! |  / 2.0 |    http://strk.keybit.net -
http://vizzuality.com`-o------'