Re: Triggers with DO functionality

От Gianni Ciolli
Тема Re: Triggers with DO functionality
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Feb 17, 2012 at 11:43:53AM -0500, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> On 02/17/2012 11:29 AM, David E. Wheeler wrote:
> >On Feb 17, 2012, at 5:22 AM, Thom Brown wrote:
> >>The purpose being to only have a single statement to set up the
> >>trigger rather than setting up a separate trigger function which will
> >>unlikely be re-used by other triggers... or is this of dubious
> >>benefit?
> >+1, though I imagine it would just give it a generated name and save it anyway, eh?
> Before we rush into this, let's consider all the wrinkles. For
> example, what if you need to change the function? And how would you
> edit the function in psql? It might be a bit more involved that it
> seems at first glance, although my initial reaction was the same as
> David's.

Another complication: anonymous triggers would either have to be
alone, or provide a mechanism to manage a sequence of anonymous
triggers on the same table (such as "replace the third trigger with
..." or "move trigger #4 in position #2", or deciding their order of
execution).

Cheers,
Dr. Gianni Ciolli - 2ndQuadrant Italia
gianni.ciolli@2ndquadrant.it | www.2ndquadrant.it