Re: Optimise PostgreSQL for fast testing

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Optimise PostgreSQL for fast testing
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wednesday, February 22, 2012 9:13:06 pm Dmytrii Nagirniak wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I wonder if you can suggest me how to speed-up PG when running specs.
> I asked it at SO here:
>
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9407442/optimise-postgresql-for-fast-tes
> ting
>
> But briefly. PG specs are >2x slower than SQLite.
> I want it to be on par (don't care about reliability or anything, just need
> fast specs).
>
> Would appreciate some suggestions.

Not enough information to make suggestions.
Why are you switching databases?
What are the specs?
What is the application?
What is the use case?
     Single user?
        Networked, multiple user?
Do you see the application/database growing?

At this point you are comparing apples and oranges. Sqlite is basically a single
user embedded database, Postgres a multi user, networked database.  They both
work well for the use they are designed for, it is a matter of determining which
is a better fit for your anticipated use.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@gmail.com