Re: 16-bit page checksums for 9.2

От David Fetter
Тема Re: 16-bit page checksums for 9.2
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 11:17:53PM +0000, Peter Geoghegan wrote:
> I decided that it would be worth benchmarking this patch.
> Specifically, I tested:
>
> master, as a basis of comparison
>
> checksum16_with_wallogged_hint_bits.v10.patch, page_checksums = 'on'
>
> checksum16_with_wallogged_hint_bits.v10.patch, page_checksums = 'off'
>
> This test was performed using pgbench-tools. At different client
> counts and scaling factors "1,10,100", performance of an update.sql
> workload was tested.

Looks interesting.  Could you get some error bars around the numbers
plotted, and possibly some scaling factors between 10 and 100?

For the former, I'm looking for whether those changes are within
ordinary variation, and in the latter, some better idea of what the
curve looks like.

Cheers,
David.

Remember to vote!