Re: Future of our regular expression code

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: Future of our regular expression code
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Billy,

* Billy Earney (billy.earney@gmail.com) wrote:
> Thanks Tom.  I looked at the code in the libraries I referred to earlier,
> and it looks like the code in the regex directory is exactly the same as
> Walter Waldo's version, which has at least one comment from the middle of
> last decade (~ 2003).   Has people thought about migrating to the pcre
> library?  It seems to have a lot of neat features, and also has a jit, and
> it looks like it is being actively maintained and has decent comments.

It strikes me that you might benefit from reading the full thread.  As
Tom mentioned previously, pcre would require user-visible changes in
behavior, including cases where things which work today wouldn't work.
That requires a pretty high bar and I don't think we're anywhere near
there with this.
Thanks,
    Stephen