Re: Set returning functions in select column list

От David W Noon
Тема Re: Set returning functions in select column list
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, 16 Feb 2012 13:19:16 -0600, Jack Christensen wrote about
[GENERAL] Set returning functions in select column list:

[snip]
> I really don't understand what is going on here. I have checked
> Google and the PostgreSQL docs, but it appears either I do not know
> the key words to search for or it is sparsely documented.

The words to search for are "Cartesian product".  This is the way
RDBMSes have handled unconstrained implicit joins since the days of
SQL/DS.
--
Regards,

Dave  [RLU #314465]