Re: pg_upgrade message

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: pg_upgrade message
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 07:50:41PM +0200, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> pg_upgrade prints something like this:
>
> Restoring user relation files
>   /var/lib/postgresql/8.4/main/base/35338/37229
>
> But it's not actually "restoring" anything, is it?
>
> Maybe "transferring" would be better?  (Or copying/linking, to be more
> precise.)

What an excellent idea; I changed it to say link/copy, with the
attached, applied patch.  The new output is:

    Creating databases in the new cluster                       ok
    Adding support functions to new cluster                     ok
    Restoring database schema to new cluster                    ok
    Removing support functions from new cluster                 ok
-->    Linking user relation files
                                                                ok
    Setting next OID for new cluster                            ok
    Creating script to delete old cluster                       ok

Вложения