Re: Removing special case OID generation

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Removing special case OID generation
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Monday, February 13, 2012 02:08:08 PM Robert Haas wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 11, 2012 at 4:23 AM, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> > Yeh, I was thinking we would do well to implement cached sequences for
> > say first 1000 sequences.
>
> Another option might be to store all the sequences for a particular
> database in a single underlying data file.  The current implementation
> uses a whole page for a single tuple that is presumably much smaller
> than that.  So when you create a sequence "foo", it's really creating
> a row in some new system catalog pg_sequences, or something like that.
I wonder if the tigher packing would be noticeable contentionwise.... If
several hot sequences end up in a single page that could end up being
measurable.

Andres

От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: RFC: Making TRUNCATE more "MVCC-safe"
От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: When do we lose column names?