Re: [GENERA]: Postgresql-9.1.1 synchronous replication issue

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: [GENERA]: Postgresql-9.1.1 synchronous replication issue
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thursday, February 02, 2012 10:21:28 pm Venkat Balaji wrote:

> Connection is working fine between primary and standby, ping is working
> fine and wal archive file transfer is working without any issues.
>
> I tried CREATE TABLE and CREATE DATABASE, both were hanging.
>
> Apart from regular streaming replication settings, I did the following on
> primary to enable synchronous replication -
>
> synchronous_standby_names='*'
>
> Commands started hanging after that. Is there anything else i need to do.

From here:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/interactive/runtime-config-replication.html

"
synchronous_standby_names (string)
... The synchronous standby will be the first standby named in this list that is
both currently connected and streaming data in real-time (as shown by a state of
streaming in the pg_stat_replication view). Other standby servers appearing
later in this list represent potential synchronous standbys....

The name of a standby server for this purpose is the application_name setting of
the standby, as set in the primary_conninfo of the standby's walreceiver. There
is no mechanism to enforce uniqueness. In case of duplicates one of the matching
standbys will be chosen to be the synchronous standby, though exactly which one
is indeterminate. The special entry * matches any application_name, including
the default application name of walreceiver.

"

So I would check the pg_stat_replication view to see if Postgres is seeing the
standby as streaming.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@gmail.com