Re: [GENERA]: Postgresql-9.1.1 synchronous replication issue

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: [GENERA]: Postgresql-9.1.1 synchronous replication issue
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wednesday, February 01, 2012 10:51:44 pm Venkat Balaji wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I was testing the Postgres-9.1.1 synchronous streaming replication on our
> UAT system.
>
> Without synchronous replication, everything was working fine.
>
> But, when i enabled synchronous_replication_names='*', the "create table"
> started hanging for long time.

Only the CREATE TABLE statement or all statements?
In general terms synchronous replication moves at the speed of the connection
between the primary and standby or does not occur if the standby can not be
found. So what is the state of the connection between the primary and standby?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@gmail.com