Re: pg_dump -s dumps data?!

От Martijn van Oosterhout
Тема Re: pg_dump -s dumps data?!
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 11:18:31PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> I don't recall that we thought very hard about what should happen when
> pg_dump switches are used to produce a selective dump, but ISTM
> reasonable that if it's "user data" then it should be dumped only if
> data in a regular user table would be.  So I agree it's pretty broken
> that "pg_dump -t foo" will dump data belonging to a config table not
> selected by the -t switch.  I think this should be changed in both HEAD
> and 9.1 (note that HEAD will presumably return to the 9.1 behavior once
> that --exclude-table-data patch gets fixed).

Perhaps a better way of dealing with this is providing a way of dumping
extensions explicitly. Then you could say:

pg_dump --extension=postgis -s

to get the data. And you can use all the normal pg_dump options for
controlling the output. The flag currently used to seperate the table
schema from the table content could then interact logically. Another
way perhaps:

pg_dump --extension-postgis=data-only
pg_dump --extension-postgis=schema
pg_dump --extension-postgis=all
pg_dump --extension-postgis=none

The last being the default.

Just throwing out some completely different ideas.

Have a nice day,
> not attach much importance to his own thoughts.
   -- Arthur Schopenhauer

Вложения