Re: error "permission denied for relation" on postgresql 9.0.6 during CREATE TABLE

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: error "permission denied for relation" on postgresql 9.0.6 during CREATE TABLE
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Friday, January 27, 2012 8:25:56 am Giuseppe Sacco wrote:
> Hi,
> I get this error while executing a CREATE TABLE statement.
> This is my CREATE statement:
>
> CREATE TABLE agenzia.BarcodeByDocumentInfo (
>         docId VARCHAR(17) NOT NULL,
>         defaultOp VARCHAR(10) NOT NULL DEFAULT 'Append',
>         CONSTRAINT BcByDocInfo_pk PRIMARY KEY (docId),
>         CONSTRAINT BcByDoc_defOp_ck
>              CHECK ( defaultOp = 'Append' OR defaultOp = 'Overwrite' ),
>         CONSTRAINT BcByDoc_docId_fk FOREIGN KEY(docId)
>              REFERENCES agenzia.Documents(docId)
> );
>
> When I execute it on postgresql 9.0.6 I get this messages:
>
> NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE / PRIMARY KEY will create implicit index
> "bcbydocinfo_pk" for table "barcodebydocumentinfo" ERROR:  permission
> denied for relation documents
>

> I am owner of table "documents":
>
> neos=> \dt agenzia.documents
>           List of relations
>  Schema  |   Name    | Type  | Owner
> ---------+-----------+-------+-------
>  agenzia | documents | table | neos
> (1 row)
>
> I read the documentation about postgresql 9.0 and it seems the error
> message is about permission "x". As you may see "x" is among my
> permissions:

The x(REFERENCES) permission needs to be on both tables for the owner of the
referenced table(noes).

This is what I got from the thread below:

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2011-02/msg00957.php

So see what your permissions are on for table barcodebydocumentinfo. Also who
the owner of barcodebydocumentinfo is.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@gmail.com