Re: planner, newly added records and most common values

От Andrew Sullivan
Тема Re: planner, newly added records and most common values
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 05:36:26PM -0800, Jeff Amiel wrote:

> I COULD do an analyze after loading the file...but there is no guarantee that the file I just loaded will end up in
themost common value list....and I end up with bad plan.

Sounds like you need to SET STATISTICS higher for that column and do
the analyse.  Have you tried that?

Andrew Sullivan
ajs@crankycanuck.ca

От: Jeff Amiel
Сообщение: planner, newly added records and most common values
От: Mark van Leeuwen
Сообщение: Exclusive row locks not release