Re: Redirect ERROR, FATAL and other messages

От hubert depesz lubaczewski
Тема Re: Redirect ERROR, FATAL and other messages
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 03:20:05AM -0800, pittgs wrote:
> with "> logfile"
> Can somebody give me a hint to solve my issue?

errors are written not to stdout (which is redirected with >), but to
stderr.
which means, that you can redirect them, as with any other program, with
2>, like:

psql ... > logfile 2>&1

depesz

--
The best thing about modern society is how easy it is to avoid contact with it.
                                                             http://depesz.com/