How to retrieve the output of an external program?

От Jean-Yves F. Barbier
Тема How to retrieve the output of an external program?
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Hi list & happy easter,

What I'd like to be able to do is:
* Run a function that sends parms to an external pgm [no PB],
* Capture the external pgm output that normally goes to stdout.

Is it possible directly or am I obliged to use a temporary file
and retrieve it from my function?

JY
--
                printk("ufs_read_super: fucking Sun blows me\n");
        -- /usr/src/linux/fs/ufs/ufs_super.c