Re: Adding German Character Set to PostgresSQL

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Adding German Character Set to PostgresSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Monday, January 02, 2012 3:41:40 pm Hagen Finley wrote:
> As you indicated UTF-8 has the whole kitchen sink in it. I did trying using
> the German Keyboard Layout with a Centos text editor and that works - I
> can produce the characters I want. Now I can also get the German
> characters to work in the Centos terminal but not in the psql command line
> client. Progress but still no joy.

So you are using psql on the Centos machine?

I have the same locale as you, on my Linux machine,  and using Pavels example I
get:

test(5432)aklaver=>create table x(a text);
CREATE TABLE
test(5432)aklaver=>insert into x values('ä,ß,ö');
INSERT 0 1
test(5432)aklaver=>SELECT * from x ;
-------
 ä,ß,ö
(1 row)

What happens when you do the above on your machine?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@gmail.com

Сообщение: Re: Adding German Character Set to PostgresSQL
Сообщение: Re: Adding German Character Set to PostgresSQL