Re: Server/Data Migration Advice

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Server/Data Migration Advice
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thursday, December 15, 2011 5:33:17 am Carlos Mennens wrote:

> I performed a pg_dump from my new 9.1.2 server but my question now is
> importing the data. So I had 9.1.2 perform the dump and it's now on
> the new server but what are (if any) the steps to restore or install
> them into my new 9.1.2 server? Is there anything I need to do to the
> dump .sql file before using psql to restore the dump file?
>
> pg_dump -h old_db > old_db.sql
>
> That command above was the command I issued from new_db (new server)
> to dump all the 8.4.8 data onto my 9.1.2 machine. What is the next
> course of action? Is there a conversion process or something I need to
> do or simply restore it? Can I simply do:
>
> psql webmail < old_db.sql
>
> Is that sufficient?

You know the fine manual covers this?:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/interactive/app-pgdump.html

In the case above you seemed to have used the plain text format, in the future
should you use a non text format the restore process is here:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/interactive/app-pgrestore.html

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@gmail.com

От: Craig Ringer
Сообщение: Re: Correct syntax to create partial index on a boolean column