Re: Re: [SQL] Query Timeout Question

От feng.zhou
Тема Re: Re: [SQL] Query Timeout Question
Дата
Список pgsql-sql

Thanks for your reply.
if timeout setting doesn't be supported, How to solve this question that the client is hung for long time when executing time-comsuming query or query a locked table.

2011-12-09

feng.zhou

发件人: Craig Ringer
发送时间: 2011-12-09  10:05:44
收件人: feng.zhou
抄送: pgsql-sql
主题: Re: [SQL] Query Timeout Question
On 12/09/2011 09:44 AM, feng.zhou wrote:
Hi
I set query timeout in code by using SQLSetStmtAttr ODBC API .

SQLSetStmtAttr( StatementHandle, SQL_ATTR_QUERY_TIMEOUT, (SQLPOINTER)timeout, 0 ) ;
SQLExecute(StatementHandle);

But I find this setting has no effect.Before adding timeout setting, SQLExecute costs 47 seconds.After adding timeout, costing time is same.

First: You're using a very old patch release with known bugs. Update to 8.4.10 .

As for the timeout: PostgreSQL doesn't support query timeouts. It supports a session-level statement timeout. I don't know whether the ODBC driver uses that or not. Examine the ODBC `mylog' output after enabling psqlODBC debugging, and examine the server log after turning on query logging, so you can see what the ODBC driver actually asks the server for when you set a query timeout.

--
Craig Ringer

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: