Re: Regarding licensing of Postgresql

От Andrew Sullivan
Тема Re: Regarding licensing of Postgresql
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, Dec 05, 2011 at 08:55:08AM +0000, Jayashankar K B wrote:
> Does that mean, we have to distribute whole source code including our proprietary software source?

I think this was already covered, but I'll restate:

    - The source code you get from the PostgreSQL site is under the
      BSD license.  This is a free software license that permits you
      to do more or less anything with the software itself, including
      making special proprietary changes, keeping them secret, and
      packaging and shipping the results.

    - If you are using other software also, then that might affect
      what you must do (and this list isn't the place to get answers
      about it).  Most importantly, if you have included GPL packages
      in what you are doing, then that more restrictive license is the
      one you need to conform to, because you need to conform to all
      the licenses you are covered by.

    - In general, if you are linked to GPL'd code, then you will need
      to release your own source code too.  You should, however,
      probably consult a lawyer about this topic: this list is not a
      source of legal advice, and legal advice you get on a mailing
      list is in any case worth what you paid for it.

Best,

Andrew Sullivan
ajs@crankycanuck.ca

Сообщение: Re: Regarding licensing of Postgresql
Сообщение: Re: Regarding licensing of Postgresql