Re: Shared memory usage in PostgreSQL 9.1

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: Shared memory usage in PostgreSQL 9.1
Дата
Список pgsql-general
* Christoph Zwerschke (cito@online.de) wrote:
> (Btw, what negative consequences - if any - does it have if I set
> kernel.shmmax higher as necessary, like all available memory? Does
> this limit serve only as a protection against greedy applications?)

Didn't see this get answered...  The long-and-short of that there aren't
any negative consequences of having it higher, as I understand it
anyway, except the risk of greedy apps.  In some cases, shared memory
can't be swapped out, which makes it a bit more risky than 'regular'
memory getting sucked up by some app.

    Thanks,

        Stephen

Вложения