Re: Avoiding repeated snapshot computation

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Avoiding repeated snapshot computation
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On Saturday, November 26, 2011 04:52:50 PM Pavan Deolasee wrote:
> I think now that we have reduced the run time of the function itself,
> we should now try to reduce the number of times the function is
> called. Robert proposed a way to reduce the number of calls per
> transaction. I think we can go one more step further and reduce the
> number for across the transactions.
You could also try if it makes a difference reducing SnapshotData to one
instead of two cachelines. The data itself fits into one without problems.
Trivial patch attached.

Generally I think we should check that for most of the more commonly used
strutures, we have many with too much padding.

Andres

От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: psql line number reporting from stdin
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Avoiding repeated snapshot computation