BUG #6308: Problem w. encoding in client

От Thomas Goerner
Тема BUG #6308: Problem w. encoding in client
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      6308
Logged by:          Thomas Goerner
Email address:      tg@clickware.de
PostgreSQL version: 9.1.1
Operating system:   Windows 7 64-bit
Details:

Hi, we have a problem regarding encoding with postgres  9.1.1 and Win7
64-bit

Database encoding: UTF-8
active codepage in Windows console: 1252
PGCLIENTENCODING: Win1252
Console font: Lucida console

In the above configuration, the following problems occur:

1)
Text output from the client applications, e.g. the welcome-prompt of psql or
the help page from pg_dump --help is not displayed correctly (especially
german Umlauts and characters like "«" ).

2)
When we restore a dump in custom format and then try to re-dump the
database, we get error messages like Zeichen 0xe28093 in Kodierung »UTF8«
hat keine Entsprechung in »Win1252« (character 0xe28093 in UTF-8 cannot be
translated to Win1252)

The above configuration is our standard configuration and works just fine in
Windows XP and even in Windows 7 32-bit.

Is there any solution to this problem?

Thanks in advance
Thomas