Re: Installed. Now what?

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Installed. Now what?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Saturday, November 19, 2011 6:35:11 pm Phoenix Kiula wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 20, 2011 at 8:08 AM, Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@gmail.com>
wrote:
> > You have pgbouncer listening on 127.0.0.1. In your psql connection string
> > you are not specifying a host, so if you are on a Unix platform it is
> > trying to connect to a socket which would account for the error. I found
> > when working with new software explicit is better than implicit.
> > Eliminate possible sources of error by fully qualifying everything.
>
> Thanks for bearing.
>
> Specifying the host is not it.
>
> > psql -h 127.0.0.1 MYDB -E "MYDB_MYDB" -p 6543
>
> psql: ERROR:  no working server connection

I don't see a user specified. You sure you are connecting as correct user?
Remember absent a -U the user will be either your system user name or what is
specified in a ENV variable.

> > ps aux | grep pgbou
>
> postgres  5567  0.0  0.0  17096   960 ?        S    13:50   0:00
> pgbouncer -d /etc/pgbouncer.ini
> root     24437  0.0  0.0  61192   788 pts/0    S+   21:31   0:00 grep pgbou
>

> In the "/var/log/pgbouncer.log" I see a message about failing password.
>
> The pgbouncer password in the "auth_file", does it need to be plain
> text? Auth_type in my case is "trust". Do I need to md5 the password?

According to docs:
http://pgbouncer.projects.postgresql.org/doc/config.html#_generic_settings
"auth_type

How to authenticate users.

md5: Use MD5-based password check. auth_file may contain both MD5-encrypted or
plain-text passwords. This is the default authentication method.

crypt

    Use crypt(3) based password check. auth_file must contain plain-text
passwords.
plain

    Clear-text password is sent over wire.
trust

    No authentication is done. Username must still exist in auth_file.
any

    Like the trust method, but the username given is ignored. Requires that all
databases are configured to log in as specific user. Additionally, the console
database allows any user to log in as admin.
"

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@gmail.com