BUG #6300: duplicate key value violates unique constraint

От Tigran Mkrtchyan
Тема BUG #6300: duplicate key value violates unique constraint
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      6300
Logged by:          Tigran Mkrtchyan
Email address:      tigran.mkrtchyan@desy.de
PostgreSQL version: 9.0.4
Operating system:   Linux x86_64
Details:

Hi,

our application uses PostgreSQL as a backend and heavily
relays on transactions. We never check constrains in our application as DB
does is better than we can an in an atomic way. This works very-very good!
Nevertheless the logfiles are full of 'duplicate key value violates unique
constraint'. I have two questions:

1. why it logged with ERROR level as it clients application behavior.

2. is there a way to suppress it or could you add a way to suppress it.

Thanks a lot,
   Tigran.