Re: Tomcat7 connection pool with postgresql

От Achilleas Mantzios
Тема Re: Tomcat7 connection pool with postgresql
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Στις Friday 18 November 2011 13:13:18 ο/η Samuel Gendler έγραψε:
> On Fri, Nov 18, 2011 at 1:09 AM, Achilleas Mantzios <
> achill@matrix.gatewaynet.com> wrote:
> >

> >   root cause
> > java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver
> >        java.sql.DriverManager.getDriver(DriverManager.java:279)
> >
> >  org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.BasicDataSource.createConnectionFactory(BasicDataSource.java:1437)
> >
> >  org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.BasicDataSource.createDataSource(BasicDataSource.java:1371)
> >
> >  org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.BasicDataSource.getConnection(BasicDataSource.java:1044)
> >        org.apache.jsp.index_jsp._jspService(index_jsp.java:102)
> >

> I think if you have tomcat instantiate the data source and db driver, the
> jar file with the driver must be available to tomcat's class loader.  Odds
> are good that you have the driver packaged up with your webapp, which means
> it is only available to the webapp's class loader.  Move it to wherever

Thanx, but i actually had gone this step and had placed in dist $CATALINA_HOME/lib already.
Nothing explicit in the webapp about the driver.
I am starting to suspect that this has to do with declaring the resource as global under GlobalNamingResources
and forgetting to do the proper linkage xml in context. But i think it should be placed inside
context, in the first place and scrapping the GlobalNamingResources altogether.

--
Achilleas Mantzios