Re: pg_upgrade if 'postgres' database is dropped

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: pg_upgrade if 'postgres' database is dropped
Дата
Re: pg_upgrade if 'postgres' database is dropped
Список pgsql-hackers
Robert Haas wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 28, 2011 at 10:07 AM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
> > OK, then the simplest fix, once you modify pg_dumpall, would be to
> > modify pg_upgrade to remove reference to the postgres database in the
> > new cluster if it doesn't exist in the old one. ?That would allow
> > pg_upgrade to maintain a 1-1 matching of databases in the old and new
> > cluster --- it allows the change to be locallized without affecting much
> > code.
>
> That sounds just fine.  +1.

FYI, I don't want to modify pg_dumpall myself because I didn't want to
have pg_upgrade forcing a pg_dumpall change that applies to
non-binary-upgrade dumps.  pg_dumpall is too important.  I am fine if
someone else does it, though.  :-)

http://enterprisedb.com

Сообщение: Re: pg_upgrade if 'postgres' database is dropped
Сообщение: Re: pg_upgrade if 'postgres' database is dropped