Re: Bug in walsender when calling out to do_pg_stop_backup (and others?)

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Bug in walsender when calling out to do_pg_stop_backup (and others?)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Greg Jaskiewicz wrote:

> On 19 Oct 2011, at 18:28, Florian Pflug wrote:
> > All the other flags which indicate cancellation reasons are set from signal handers, I believe. We could of course
markas ClientConnectionLostPending as volatile just to be consistent. Not sure whether that's a good idea, or not. It
mightprevent a mistake should we ever add code to detect lost connections asynchronously (i.e., from somewhere else
thanpq_flush). And the cost is probably negligible, because CHECK_FOR_INTERRUPTS tests for InterruptPending before
callingProcessInterrupts(), so we only pay the cost of volatile if there's actually an interrupt pending. But I still
thinkit's better to add qualifies such a volatile only when really necessary. A comment about why it *isn't* volatile
isprobably in order, though, so I'll add that in the next version of the patch.

> Makes sense.
>
> I had to ask, because it sticks out. And indeed there is a possibility
> that someone will one day will try to use from signal handler, etc.

A C comment might help there.

-- Bruce Momjian  <bruce@momjian.us>        http://momjian.us EnterpriseDB
http://enterprisedb.com