Re: SSI implementation question

От Dan Ports
Тема Re: SSI implementation question
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 05:04:52PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> I wonder whether it would be prudent to set the synchronized-snapshots
> patch aside until you've finished that work (assuming you're actively
> working on it).  It's evidently going to require some nontrivial changes
> in predicate.c, and I don't think the feature should take precedence
> over SSI performance improvement.

I wouldn't hold the patch up on my account. Improving the SSI locking
situation looks to be a fairly substantial project. I've been drawing
up a plan to fix it, but I'm also travelling for most of the next two
weeks and probably won't be able to do any serious hacking on it until
I'm back to the office.

Dan

--
Dan R. K. Ports              MIT CSAIL                http://drkp.net/