Re: Overhead cost of Serializable Snapshot Isolation

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Overhead cost of Serializable Snapshot Isolation
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Simon Riggs wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 10:30 PM, Florian Pflug <fgp@phlo.org> wrote:
>
> > That experience has taught me that backwards compatibility, while very
> > important in a lot of cases, has the potential to do just as much harm
> > if overdone.
>
> Agreed. Does my suggestion represent overdoing it? I ask for balance,
> not an extreme.

Well, balance is looking at what everyone else in the group is
suggesting, and realizing you might not have all the answers, and
listening.  As far as I can see, you are the _only_ one who thinks it
needs an option.  In that light, your suggestion seems extreme, not
balanced.

http://enterprisedb.com