Rules going away (was: [Solved] Generic logging system for pre-hstore using plperl triggers)

От Andrew Sullivan
Тема Rules going away (was: [Solved] Generic logging system for pre-hstore using plperl triggers)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 06:20:04AM -0700, David Fetter wrote:

> There's an even better reason not to use rules: they're going away in
> a not too distant version of PostgreSQL.

Really?  How?  I thought views were done using rules under the hood?

Also, it'd be awfully nice if, in case rules are going away, the
documentation actually said prominently in the rules section, "Rules
are deprecated and are planned to be removed at some point in the
future."  Right now, anyone coming to Postgres for the first time
could easily understand the manual to say that Postgres has this cool
feature on which they can rely.

Best,

Andrew Sullivan
ajs@crankycanuck.ca