Re: Postgres for a "data warehouse", 5-10 TB

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: Postgres for a "data warehouse", 5-10 TB
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
* Claudio Freire (klaussfreire@gmail.com) wrote:
> I don't think you'd want that. Remember, work_mem is the amount of
> memory *per sort*.
> Queries can request several times that much memory, once per sort they
> need to perform.
>
> You can set it really high, but not 60% of your RAM - that wouldn't be wise.

Oh, I dunno..  It's only used by the planner, so sometimes you have to
bump it up, especially when PG thinks the number of rows returned from
something will be a lot more than it really will be. :)

/me has certain queries where it's been set to 100GB... ;)

I agree that it shouldn't be the default, however.  That's asking for
trouble.  Do it for the specific queries that need it.

    Thanks,

        Stephen

Вложения