Re: copy- what's my root directory?

От Carlo Ascani
Тема Re: copy- what's my root directory?
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
On Wed, 7 Sep 2011 14:36:51 -0700
Eric Hulburd <ehulburd@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I've got another newbie question.  I want to copy some csv data into
> my postgresql database.  I'm confused with the syntax though.  I
> entered
>
> mydb=# copy mytable from '/data.csv';
>
> It tells me it can't find data.csv, which means I saved it in the
> wrong place.  I've tried the data and scripts folder.  Where do I save
> import/export files and where is all my database work being saved?

Filename in COPY command is the absolute path.
Remember also to specify csv as FORMAT for the copy.

Manual page about copy can help you a lot.
For PostgreSQL 9.0, here it is:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.0/static/sql-copy.html

Cheers,

--
 Carlo Ascani - 2ndQuadrant Italia
 carlo.ascani@2ndQuadrant.it - www.2ndQuadrant.it

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: C Set Returning Function (SRF)
Сообщение: Re: C Set Returning Function (SRF)