Re: [GENERAL] documentation suggestion

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [GENERAL] documentation suggestion
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> On ons, 2011-08-24 at 08:33 -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > Rob Sargent wrote:

> > > Is the build system of the web-site also downloadable? I could possibly
> > > take a peek. (In a couple of weeks, that is. Vaction.)
> >
> > [ Discussion moved to docs ]
> >
> > Yes, it is all online in doc/src/sgml.  I think the file that needs to
> > be modified is stylesheet.dsl.
>
> We did play around with it, but none of the solutions looked satisfying.
>
> Where exactly would you want the "Up" to be placed?

Here is my request from Feb 2, 2011:

    Peter, based on feedback we have received, I think our users want our
    docs header to look the same as our docs footer, i.e. few people see
    the value of Fast Forward and Fast Backward, and they want "Up" to be in
    the header.  You seem to have done all the substantive changes to
    stylesheet.dsl --- would you make these changes?  Thanks.

and from March 11:

    OK, so here is a summary:

          o  remove fast forward/backward links
          o  add book title where there is no heading
          o  make book and chapter titles as links
          o  make the bottom footer match the top header

Not sure which suggestion you want but anything that adds "Up"
functionality, either with the "Up" literal or the chapter title that is
"up" would be an improvement.