Re: Online base backup from the hot-standby

От Jun Ishiduka
Тема Re: Online base backup from the hot-standby
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

> >> Isn't having a standby make the full_page_write = on in all case
> >> (bypass configuration) ?
> >
> > what's the meaning?
>
> Yeah.  full_page_writes is a WAL generation parameter.  Standbys don't
> generate WAL.  I think you just have to insist that the master has it
> on.

Thanks.

This has the following two problems.* pg_start_backup() must set 'on' to full_page_writes of the master that   is
actualwriting of the WAL, but not the standby.* The standby doesn't need to connect to the master that's actual writing
 WAL.  (Ex. Standby2 in Cascade Replication: Master - Standby1 - Standby2)

I'm worried how I should clear these problems.

Regards.

Jun Ishizuka
NTT Software Corporation
TEL:045-317-7018