Re: PD_ALL_VISIBLE flag warnings

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: PD_ALL_VISIBLE flag warnings
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Friday, August 12, 2011 2:01:19 am MirrorX wrote:
> i wiil provide some info in case it is helpful
>
> -the error msg is -> WARNING:  PD_ALL_VISIBLE flag was incorrectly set in
> relation "summary_data" page 54
> (the same thing appears for many tables and many pages on each table)
>
> -in my internet searching i found some cases where this issue was related
> to vacuum operations. in this server, autovacuum is on and working on
> these tables (since there are updates/deletes there). would it help to
> turn autovacuum off, run manually vacuums once a day (to those tables
> needing it, which is determined by the system params) and check the logs?
>
> what is strange, is that these messages appear only on 1 db of the server,
> tha smallest one. and never for the other

By any chance have you used pg_upgrade to populate the database? See the these
messages for something similar:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2011-04/msg00112.php
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2011-04/msg00353.php

The second message contains a link to the fix which is included in 8.4.8+.