Using LDAP roles in PostgreSQL

От Lars Kanis
Тема Using LDAP roles in PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

LDAP is often used to do a centralized user and role management in an enterprise environment. PostgreSQL offers
different
authentication methods, like LDAP, SSPI, GSSAPI or SSL. However, for any of these methods the user must already exist
inthe
database, before the authentication can be used. There is currently no authorization of database users directly based
onLDAP.

Unfortunately, I couldn't find a programm for synchronizing users, groups and their memberships from LDAP to
PostgreSQL.So I wrote
my own and just released v0.1.0.

Access to LDAP is used read-only. pg_ldap_sync issues proper CREATE ROLE, DROP ROLE, GRANT and REVOKE commands to
synchronize users and groups. It is meant to be started as a cron job.

FEATURES:
* Configurable per YAML config file
* Can use Active Directory as LDAP-Server
* Nested groups/roles supported
* Runs with pg.gem (C-library) or postgres-pr.gem (pure Ruby)
* Test mode which doesn’t do any changes to the DBMS

Homepage: https://github.com/larskanis/pg-ldap-sync

Is it something useful for someone apart of mine?

--
Kind regards,
Lars Kanis