Re: Adding Foreign Key Constraint To Existing Table

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Adding Foreign Key Constraint To Existing Table
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On Friday, July 01, 2011 2:00:38 pm Rich Shepard wrote:

> I've examined the 9.0 manual page on alter table without seeing how to

> add a foreign key constraint to a column.

> I needed to make changes on a couple of existing tables which could be

> accomplished only by dropping the foreign key constraint. That, and

> changing the table structure, column names, and column types were

> successful. But, I am not seeing the proper syntax to add a foreign key

> constraint back to the two affected tables.

> Pointer please.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.0/interactive/sql-altertable.html

Examples at bottom of page:

"To add a foreign key constraint to a table:

ALTER TABLE distributors ADD CONSTRAINT distfk FOREIGN KEY (address) REFERENCES addresses (address) MATCH FULL;
"

--

Adrian Klaver

adrian.klaver@gmail.com