Anonymous record type and inner types.

От Ronan Dunklau
Тема Anonymous record type and inner types.
Дата
Re: Anonymous record type and inner types.  (Daniele Varrazzo <daniele.varrazzo@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Hello.

Sorry if this question has already been asked, but I couldn't find the answer
anywhere.

When I execute a statement such as "Select (an_int, a_varchar) as a_record
from test, the type returned for a_record is "record" (oid 2249).

Is the "inner type" information propagated somehow (that an_int is an integer,
and a_varchar a varchar) ?

If so, is it easily accessible in client libraries ? I'm using psycopg2 for
python, which itself uses libpq.

Thanks.

Regards,

--