Re: pgsql: Mention "pg_ctl stop" in pgindent README instructions.

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: pgsql: Mention "pg_ctl stop" in pgindent README instructions.
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> On 06/09/2011 08:51 PM, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > Mention "pg_ctl stop" in pgindent README instructions.
> >

> This change make no sense at all. Why would you be running 'pg_ctl stop'
> when there is nothing to suggest that there's a postgres running. And
> even if there is there's not the slightest reason for stopping it unless
> it's in the same location you're installing to. Certainly having this
> line in the README with no comment about when you might want it is going
> to be highly confusing at best. I think you need to rethink this.

Well, I have a Postgres running, and it the install goes into the same
directory, so my regression tests failed, so I documented the command to
shut down the postmaster.

Сообщение: Re: pgsql: Mention "pg_ctl stop" in pgindent README instructions.
Сообщение: Re: pgsql: Mention "pg_ctl stop" in pgindent README instructions.