Re: PostgreSQL Magazine #00 is out ! Send feedback please !

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: PostgreSQL Magazine #00 is out ! Send feedback please !
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
On Thursday, June 09, 2011 9:30:34 am Greg Smith wrote:
> Leif Biberg Kristensen wrote:
> > <flame>I wonder if the people of the US is suffering from a collective
> > "Not Invented Here"-syndrome?</flame>
>
> The paper size conversion is blocked behind converting the US to metric,
> which started in 1975 and was abandoned six years later as too expensive
> to continue by our government.  You first have to get rid of the idea
> that a paper size measured in inches is important before people in the
> US would be open to the benefits the standard A[N] and B[N] sizes give,
> i.e. how folded copies turn into the smaller sizes.

Unfortunately, the US conversion to metric has a longer history than
that(1866):)

http://lamar.colostate.edu/~hillger/laws/metric-act.html

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@gmail.com

От: Greg Smith
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL Magazine #00 is out ! Send feedback please !
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL Magazine #00 is out ! Send feedback please !