Re: SQLite-PostgreSQL comparison

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: SQLite-PostgreSQL comparison
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sunday, June 05, 2011 8:17:30 am Andre Majorel wrote:
> Does anyone know of a document comparing SQLite and PostgreSQL ?

As part of a more general comparison:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_relational_database_management_systems

The thumbnail version based on my experiences:

1) File layout.
 SQLite is single file, embeddable.
Postgres is multi file client/server architecture.

2) Data typing
SQLite uses manifest typing(adaptative typing)
Postgres has strict typing.

3) SQL
SQLite, especially later versions has fairly extensive SQL support given its
size. The one area I find lacking is ALTER TABLE operations
Postgres has extensive SQL support. There are occasional discussions on just how
extensive.

4) Licensing
SQLite is in the Public Domain
Postgres license is here: