Re: many contrib links are broken

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: many contrib links are broken
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> The commit 159e3d86292cfec2a2828f9f69ac7a6cb1be242d created some funny
> business out of many links to contrib modules.  Take a look at this
> page:
>
> http://developer.postgresql.org/pgdocs/postgres/log-shipping-alternative.html
>
> It now reads: "See the Section F.31 module for a reference
> implementation of this." (where it previously said "the pg_standby
> module")  There are many other places like that now.
>
> I don't think the toolchain changed in this area, so the whole change
> was broken to begin with.  The idea is sound, IMO, but the
> implementation needs to be reevaluated.

Yep, this clearly needs cleanup.  The README.links file I wrote says:

<xref>
        use to get link text from the title of the target link; has no
        close tag
        http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/documentation/reference/html/xref.html

Is that not true?  The URL seems to suggest that the title is used if
there is no xreflabel, though it suggests the the supplied text is
"Chapter ##:  title".  Of course, we are not seeing that behavior so
maybe README.links is wrong.