Re: failure and silence of SQL commands

От Leif Biberg Kristensen
Тема Re: failure and silence of SQL commands
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
On Thursday 28 April 2011 20:30:24 Tom Lane wrote:
> Robert Poor <rdpoor@gmail.com> writes:
> > On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 10:40, Leif Biberg Kristensen
> >
> > <leif@solumslekt.org> wrote:
> >> Your suggestion is, frankly said, ridiculous.
> >
> > Gosh, Leif, where's the love?   We were all novices once upon a time.
>
> Yeah, and John's not exactly the first person to forget a semicolon.
> I don't much like his proposed solution, because it would degrade from
> "useful" to "incredibly irritating" after just a few minutes, or at
> least it would as soon as you knew enough SQL to be entering multiline
> queries.  But it's worth thinking about how to respond to the problem.

I remember, back in the Stone Age, my first word processor had 4 levels of help
which could be changed by the user as he grew more proficient. Maybe a distinct
"Novice mode" in psql with the proposed kind of chatter could ease the
learning curve for the command-line challenged.

regards, Leif.

Сообщение: Re: failure and silence of SQL commands
Сообщение: Re: failure and silence of SQL commands