BUG #5995: connection pooling not working

От Suprabhat
Тема BUG #5995: connection pooling not working
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      5995
Logged by:          Suprabhat
Email address:      suprabhatm@gmail.com
PostgreSQL version: 8.4
Operating system:   ubuntu
Details:

Hi, we are using java jsp front end to develop a web based application which
runs fine using odbc:jdbc link for mssql. The moment we switched over to
using postgresql, it kept on telling FATAL: too many connections already and
there are too many postgres processes on the server. We have used connection
pooling methods after unsuccessfully using pgpool2. I am really wondering
how the big companies are using this database without any issues. Probably
we are doing some basics wrong.

Total number of connections we are trying to make is something around 300
concurrently.

Please suggest what should be do. This is very very urgent.

Regards,

Suprabhat