Re: branching for 9.2devel

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: branching for 9.2devel
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
* Tom Lane (tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us) wrote:
> What it would mostly
> do is decouple the development community entirely from release
> stabilization work, and I think that would be a seriously bad idea.

+1000%, seriously.  This is a huge concern that we need to make sure is
addressed in a sensible way.  We do *not* want to encourage everyone in
the developer community to focus on the next-great-feature before we
have the latest release out the door.  To that extent, I'd vote for
holding off on branching the tree until we're actually ready to focus on
work being done on the new branch, which should be either after our next
major release or pretty darn close to it.
Thanks,
    Stephen