Re: pgindent weirdness

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: pgindent weirdness
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> > On 04/20/2011 05:48 AM, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> >> BulkInsertStateData is not listed in the typedef list supplied by
> >> Andrew; see src/tools/pgindent/typedefs.list.  CC'ing him.  This might
> >> be because the typdef is listed in two files:
>
> > It's tagged as a structure type by objdump, but not as a typedef:
>
> Hmm.  hio.h clearly declares it as both, but many object files probably
> include only heapam.h, which exposes only the struct name.  I'm guessing
> that you are merging the results from objdump'ing different files in a
> way that fails to consider the possibility of some files knowing more
> versions of a symbol than others.
>
> Now having said that, there seems to be a pgindent bug here too, in that
> it's throwing a space into
>
> Buffer
> RelationGetBufferForTuple(Relation relation, Size len,
>                           Buffer otherBuffer, int options,
>                           struct BulkInsertStateData * bistate)
>
> Whether BulkInsertStateData is flagged as a typedef or not, surely it
> ought to understand that "struct BulkInsertStateData" is a type name.

Uh, I think we have this listed as a known bug at the top of the
pgindent script:
# Known bugs:## Blank line is added after parentheses; seen as a function definition, no space# after *:#       y =
(int)x *y;## Structure/union pointers in function prototypes and definitions have an extra# space after the asterisk:##
     void x(struct xxc * a);

http://enterprisedb.com