Re: pg_upgrade bug found!

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: pg_upgrade bug found!
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
bricklen,

* bricklen (bricklen@gmail.com) wrote:
> Now, is this safe to run against my production database?

Yes, with a few caveats.  One recommendation is to also increase
autovacuum_freeze_max_age to 500000000 (500m), which will hopefully
prevent autovacuum from 'butting in' and causing issues during the
process.  Also, a database-wide 'VACUUM FREEZE;' should be lower-risk,
if you can afford it (it will cause a lot of i/o on the system).  The
per-table 'VACUUM FREEZE <table>;' that the script does can end up
removing clog files prematurely.

> Anyone have any suggestions or changes before I commit myself to this
> course of action?

If you run into problems, and perhaps even before starting, you may want
to pop in to #postgresql on irc.freenode.net, there are people there who
can help you with this process who are very familiar with PG.
Thanks,
    Stephen