Re: pg_upgrade bug found!

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: pg_upgrade bug found!
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Yes, I like your version better;  I did adjust the wording of the last
> sentence to mention it is really the release, not the new pg_upgrade,
> which fixes the problem because the fixes are in pg_dump, and hence a
> new pg_upgrade binary will not work;  you need a new install.

Err, right, good point.  You might even want to call that out
specifically, so no one is confused.  Also this:

>     -- This script fixes data in pre-PG 9.0.4 and pre-8.4.8
>     -- servers that was upgraded by pg_upgrade and pg_migrator.

'that was' should be 'that were'.

> A fix will be included in upcoming Postgres releases 8.4.8 and 9.0.4.
> These releases will remove the need for the above script by correctly
> updating all TOAST tables in the migrated databases.

My suggestion:

A fix will be included in upcoming Postgres releases 8.4.8 and 9.0.4.
These releases will include an updated pg_dump which will remove the
need for the above script by correctly dumping all TOAST tables in the
migrated databases.
Thanks,
    Stephen